“Dynamic a capella group is joyful – and triumphant!” The Tennessean
The Schola Pacis is a male a cappella vocal group devoted to the preservation and performance of the many varied styles of the Christian church’s rich liturgical music tradition. Now in its 11th year, the Schola Pacis includes Nelson Berry, Gregg Colson, Dave Lybarger, Rick Seay, Chris Simonsen, and Matthew Smyth. The group performs a liturgical repertoire ranging in styles from Gregorian chant to Renaissance polyphony to modern masterpieces. Group members sing all vocal parts from low bass to high soprano. Check out our music samples to get a taste of the variety of sounds that have delighted listeners over the years. The Schola performs in local venues throughout the Nashville area. Please contact us if you would like us to sing at your next event.
See below and to the right for upcoming Schola performances:
- Oct 30, Frist Center Member Preview Party for Sanctity Pictured
- Nov 16, Frist Center Family Day at Sanctity Pictured
- Dec 7, Montgomery Bell Academy Holiday Concert
- Dec 14, First Presbyterian Church Glory to God in the Highest Christmas Concert
- Dec 21, Schola Pacis’s 11th Annual Festival of Lessons and Carols